Xiane’s Reading List
Here’s a list of books that I’m working through in addition to Julia Cameron’s series. I’ll add more books to the list as I pick them up. Some of these are in the queue, and those I’ve marked with an asterisk. I welcome suggestions for other recommended reads!
All by Keri Smith
- Jennifer Loudon –The Life Organizer: A Woman’s Guide To A Mindful Year
- Gail McMeeken – The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women: A Portable Mentor*
- Cyndi Lee – OM Yoga: A Guide To Daily Practice
Diana’s Reading List
- The Herb Companion. Yes, it’s a magazine about gardening – and it’s one of the most soul-feeding publications I have ever read.
- Artful Blogging, a Somerset magazine, has lots of lovely and creative ideas that can push you forward in your explorations.
- The Witch of Portobello: A Novel (P.S.) by Paolo Coelho
A story of a woman who seeks and finds spirituality after her rejection by the Catholic church.
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
A story of a simple man who makes small decisions that piece by piece, transform his life.
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Gilbert goes on a trip that many of outright envy, and along the way discovers simple truths that we can use at home.
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
A New York woman decides to make a genuine effort to be happier. Uses many techniques mentioned in the artist’s way, including decluttering, increased self-awareness, and making self-care a priority.
A blog that studies genius in all its forms, from videos on critical thinking to Leonardo da Vinci’s thought process. Amazing variety, constant food for the soul and brain.