Priestess of Delphi by John Collier
Probably the one I have the most in common with of all the great ancient priestesses.
1. I wish I could get around the city easier.
2. I wish I had more friends here – a lot more friends.
3. I wish I could find the more hidden occult shops.
4. I wish I spoke Spanish/remembered Spanish better.
5. I wish I had friends to go dancing with.
6. I wish I could finally polish off my reading stack. Someday, someway.
7. I wish I could find a writing program I can afford.
8. I wish I could find poets that were as amazing as my poetry group in Minnesota.
9. I wish I knew exactly where I wanted to point my career right now.
10. I wish I didn’t feel an obligation tug of war with Fat Chic.
11. I wish I could finish this consent culture essay and feel right about it.
12. I wish I had more time to stretch and see to my physical health every day.
13. I wish I could do all the exercise, all the social, and all the professional things I need to do.
14. I wish I had more time for that Lynda thing – it’s not really working out in terms of time commitment. :(
15. I wish I didn’t feel so overwhelmed all the time.
16. I wish Mike and I could both establish strong support systems out here.
17. I wish there was more Pagan stuff in SF itself, but since almost no one can afford it…
18. I wish I could find a decent therapist out here.
19. I wish I could feel at peace with the rest of my past. I’ve buried the crap with my family, now it’s the stuff that I’m actually culpable for.
20. I wish I could fly up to see my friend Joe.
21. I wish I could travel to see Lisa and Tonya – they are all in that direction too.
Wait a minute, they are all in that direction. Why am I still sitting here?
22. I wish I had a clear sense of my place with my volunteer gig.
23. I wish I had some form of steady income of my own again.
24. I wish I could overcome my 1:1 social anxiety issues.
25. I wish I could take a vacation on my own – or maybe get in on a writer’s retreat. Maybe after I do that portfolio.