This is part of my work in the Julia Cameron Artist’s Way series. The work this time is from the book the Artist’s Way at Work: Riding the Dragon. The responses are self-examinations and assessments based on work through a daily series of exercises. While I do keep some material offline as it can be very personal and jarring, I often opt to be fairly open about my experiences, both positive and negative.
- I am a prolific author. Blurt: Only because you self-publish like a loser.
- I run a blog with true social value. Blurt: Fashion is shallow, and you’re promoting something unhealthy.
- I am able to learn what I need to adapt to the world. Blurt: After the fact.
- I have value, recognition, and my work is appreciated. Blurt: Right, that’s why you can’t break 100 fans on Facebook.
- People know who I am and appreciate what I do. Blurt: never going to happen.
So, my affirmations:
1. I am a prolific author that does good work.
2. I run a blog with true social value.
3. I am able to learn what I need to adapt to the world.
4. I have value. I am recognized and my work is appreciated.
5. People know who I am and appreciate what I do.