- Happy – My default disposition was happy. I was a really upbeat little kid.
- Sweet – I wanted everyone to be OK, healthy and I really thought that it was just a matter of a person finding his/her way to good. I still think that, sometimes.
- Imaginative – I really did live in my own universe, where I could be happy marching up and down the sidewalk wearing a scarf and pretending I was the Red Baron.
- Discerning – I was only ever naive/trusting with my family. When people tried telling me boys were “better” I called out the bullshit…at age four.
- Curious – I wanted to know more about the world, all the time. I wanted to know everything.