This is part of my work in the Julia Cameron Artist’s Way series. The work this time is from the book the Artist’s Way at Work: Riding the Dragon. The responses are self-examinations and assessments based on work through a daily series of exercises. While I do keep some material offline as it can be very personal and jarring, I often opt to be fairly open about my experiences, both positive and negative.
In this exercise, I’m to list 5 areas that have started to interest me recently that I can explore and pursue.
1. Crochet/knitting – especially its applications in a trashion/upcycled art context.
2. Fiction writing. Graduate school knocked the winds out of my sails on writing fiction, but I’m starting to feel more confidence in my ability after hanging out on the AbsoluteWrite forum more.
3. Poetry writing. I still want to do that, and again, it’s a case where I got shut down by an academic environment.
4. Personal healing – I’m looking at getting a few things fixed, body issues for the metaphysical body (things we don’t generally have doctors for.) I’m seriously considering giving acupuncture a try.
5. My writing community. I am genuinely interested in developing relationships with other writers; this is new for me.