This is part of my work in the Julia Cameron Artist’s Way series. The work this time is from the book the Artist’s Way at Work: Riding the Dragon. The responses are self-examinations and assessments based on work through a daily series of exercises. While I do keep some material offline as it can be very personal and jarring, I often opt to be fairly open about my experiences, both positive and negative.
- Book marketing - I definitely need some kind of help with that.
- Editing/proofing my own work. While I think I’m fine for the project I’m stepping up to, I’m still a bit damaged from my experience with the last corporation I worked for, and I may be dealing with editors that also mythologize writing and thus treat me project with less respect than it merits.
- Time management and productivity. This is something we can ALL use help with, all the time. I’ve leveled up, but there’s more to do.
- Subject line writing, for emails and blog posts. I need to get better at creating clickable titles.
- Integration. I’ve shut down the perfumery for now, but I don’t want to drop it – I just think it needs to be different from what I was doing.
If I had to pick ONE thing to work on right now, it would be the time management. I have a lot of balls going for specific reasons, and I don’t want to drop ANY.